Love Found in the Family



Entering the class of parenting I was excited to learn new concepts and ideas. There was a statement made by a church. This was because they felt the need to tell the world correct things concerning the family. One quote I love from the document was:
  •                  “We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.

If I or anyone takes a moment to contemplate this statement, it is powerful. As I read through it thrice I felt some things about it.

1.       Much of the pain, sorrow, and heartache that is experienced in the world can be resolved and replaced with love and peace if adhered this principle is followed.
2.       Following this principle/concept could change the world, and change individuals.
3.       There is much more love to be experienced if people expressed their love outlined in the quote above.

A revered church leader taught:
  • ·              "The principal reason for marriage is to rear a family. Failure to do so is one of the conditions that cause love to wilt and eventually to die."
To be honest I didn’t think much of this at all but I read it a couple of times and theorized that maybe this could mean that trying to find joy in life selfishly is a snowball effect. If you really choose not to have kids because you want to have fun, have more money, and etc then you will lose the trait of love where it was exactly found, found in acting out in selflessness. So not extended your time and effort into having kids can ruin the love that you have worked hard for already within your marriage.

Comments