Roles of Parenthood
Speaking on the role of a mother was the words given in qoutes below.
- Sister Holland - "I believe mother is one of those very carefully chosen words, one of those rich words—with meaning after meaning after meaning. We must not, at all costs, let that word divide us. I believe with all of my heart that it is first and foremost a statement about nature, not a head count of our children.- sister Holland.. Some women give birth and raise children but never ‘mother’ them. Others, whom I love with all my heart, ‘mother’ all their lives but have never given birth.
I never thought the name of mother to be beyond having children to raise or take care of. I thought about how in the bible it mentions from Adam called his wife eve because she " is the mother of all living." Genesis 3:20. I think even being the name father is not of someone with kids but someone that counsels, teaches, leads, helps someone else. No matter the age or race we can be fathers and mothers to another.
A respected church leader gave wise words on the role of father in the two qoutes below.
- Howard W. Hunter - "Your leadership of the family is your most important and sacred responsibility. The family is the most important unit in time and in eternity and, as such, transcends every other interest in life."
I like this qoute above because it puts things very much in perspective, I think the average father or my future self could place the Career we have and even hobbies above family time. We could say "I want to make a little more money and this time is more important for that than going home to family dinner" or "My buddies are only available Friday to play billiards, ill spend quality time with my wife next week". Instead I and others could think "My family is most important and everything else should be lived through them" that could mean including your wife.
- A man can have no greater incentive, no greater hope, no greater strength than to know his mother, his sweetheart, or his wife has confidence in him and loves him,
I believe this is true because I receive strength and hope whenever I talk to my mom and she listens to me. I cant wait to feel that love and support even more when I meet a wife someday.
Comments
Post a Comment